7.12.2013

Friday Foodie: Chili Max

I may have missed a Friday. I am a little busy with this international move... I'm trying to keep up.
I have made chili-mac before but I made this one a little different. We love the Bush's chili starter but it is hard to find. The Bush's is the seasoning, beans and sauce (easy to make if you can't find the Bush's). When you make chili with it you just add meat and tomatoes. With this recipe I just skipped the tomatoes because 1) I didn't have any, and 2) the boys don't really like them. I also stopped using Kraft Mac n Cheese because it is pure junk food [that is another post for another day]. And I named it Chili Max because that is what Joshua calls it. Love that kid! This is easy and kid friendly. It made enough for four of us to be full with three good lunches left over. This would be good with hot dogs (nitrate free!) or some steamed veggies, too.

  • 2 Boxes Mac n Cheese (I used Back to Nature but Annie's is good, too or even better from scratch!)
  • 1/3 C Milk 
  • Butter (whatever the mac n cheese calls for, you can skip it or half it like I do)
  • 1 lb ground meat (I used lean ground turkey)
  • Shredded or chunked cheese (I use Colby-Jack or cheddar)
  • 1 can of Bush's Chili Starter (read note above for info on this)
Brown meat in skillet. Prepare mac n cheese as directed. Add chili starter straight from can to the mac n cheese. Add extra cheese and cooked meat. Mix well. I also top with shredded cheese. See, I told you it was easy!



No comments: