6.07.2013

Friday Foodie: Crockpot Lasagna




    • 1 jar (more if you like it more wet) of your favorite tomato sauce
    • 1 cup parmesan (shredded REAL parm not the powdery junk)
    • 2 cups mozzarella (real if you can find it)
    • 2 cups ricotta
    • lasagna noodles
    • 1 pound ground turkey, browned
    • 1 pound turkey sausage, browned (I used sun dried tomato and basil, but plain or Italian sausage works, too)
    • minced garlic (I use a lot, like 1/4 cup) 
    • Bonus for health- 1/3-1/2 cup ground flax
    First I brown the meat. The sausage is hard to break up so I chop it up in the blender. Then it is ready to add to the layers. I set it aside and make the cheese mixture.


    Combine half of the mozz, parm and all of the ricotta. Add garlic and flax. Mix to combine until all smooth.


    Begin to layer in the crock pot. Start with a layer of tomato sauce. Then add noodles, they don't have to be pretty. I break them to cover the bottom. Alternate meats, cheeses, and noodles. Cover the top with remaining cheese.

    I cook it for a couple hours. The meat is cooked so the noodles just need to get soft. Serve with bread (duh) and a green salad. 

    No comments: