4.01.2013

Avon Walk for Breast Cancer

As you may already know, I have decided to participate in Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. This is such an important cause to me because this year, an estimated 40,000 women will die from the disease. Breast cancer takes another life every 14 minutes. Another woman is diagnosed with breast cancer every 3 minutes. An estimated three million women are living with breast cancer. One million of them don't yet know it.
As part of the event, I committed to raise money. I would love your support so that I can reach my fundraising goal. With the donations raised, the Avon Foundation will provide support and resources for women affected by this terrible disease. This will help so many people in our own community and throughout the country. Any amount you can give is great; I just appreciate your support. The first weekend in May, here in our nation's capital I will be walking 39.3 miles to help raise awareness and support for breast cancer research. Here is the thing... I need your help.
  1. Please pray for me. While I train I need motivation to stay on track. Prayers for better weather would be great, as well. Also, pray for my fundraising efforts. Times are tough but so is breast cancer. Pray for those effected by breast cancer. We all know someone. 
  2. Financial support. I committed to raise a minimum of $1800. If I don't raise the funds, we pay them out of our own pocket. I have faith that God will provide! There are four ways you can help raise funds.
A special thanks to all that support me, with prayers or financially. It means so much to know you care. 





No comments: