9.17.2013

Tasty Tuesday: One Pot Chicken and Rice

We are finally getting settled in and I've been trying some new recipes. I'll be more excited about this once all of our kitchen goodies and non-perishables arrive. I found this on Pinterest but leave it to me to change a recipe.
Here is what I used:

  • 8 chicken legs, skin on (gross, but yummy)
  • 2 cups wild rice mix
  • 3-4 cloves minced garlic
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 medium onion, diced
  • your favorite seasoning mix
  • sea salt, pepper
  • 4 cups water (or chicken broth)
  • 2-3 cups frozen green beans
Melt butter, add olive oil, onions, garlic and some salt. Cook until onions are translucent and then add chicken legs. Season chicken legs, brown them (doesn't need to be cooked through yet), then move to a plate. Add rice to butter mixture and let it absorb the liquid. Then add water or chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add chicken back in the water/rice. Bring back to boil. Add green beans (I had enough to cover the top) and push down into liquid. Cook until rice is fluffy. That is it. YUM! It took me about an hour maybe a little more but my chicken started out frozen. It tastes really good, so give it a try! Buon Apetito!
This is a picture of the rice I used.





No comments: