3.06.2013

Meatloaf and Sweet Potatoes but healthier



1 pound ground chicken 
1/2 cup of gluten free rice cereal
1/3 cup ketchup
2 TBsp mustard
2 TBsp minced garlic
2 teaspoons Nature's Seasoning
1 Tbsp McCormick's Perfect Pinch-Original
1 egg
black pepper to taste
cheese (whatever you like)

Mix everything together in a bowl EXCEPT meat and rice cereal, until the egg is beaten and mixed in well. Then add meat and mix well. Then add cereal and mix well. 
I shape mine in the pan like a meatloaf, it cooks faster this way than in a loaf pan.
375 for about an hour. When it is cooked through, I topped it with cheese and put it back in to let it melt. To be safe use a meat thermometer. Don't mess with poultry.


For the sweet potatoes, I just peeled and sliced them. I cooked them in coconut oil and added sea salt to taste. I let them get soft in the pan and then laid them flat on a cookie sheet and let them finish in the oven. They were really sweet and went really well with the meatloaf. 
I used frozen French green beans from Trader Joe's. Just cooked them on the stove top in coconut oil with sea salt and pepper.

No comments: